GenHome Mortgage Corporation’s Policy is developed for compliance with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and various other federal and state laws relating to Consumer Privacy Protection. Federal law gives consumers right to limit some, but not all, information sharing. Federal law requires us to provide consumers with the following information regarding privacy:
- The Types of Information GenHome Collects
- How GenHome Collects Your Information
- To What Extent GenHome Shares Your Information
- The Steps GenHome Takes to Protect Your Information
- “We”, “our”, and “us”, when used in this Policy, means GenHome.
- “You” and “your”, when used in this Policy, means our customers.
- “Customer” means a consumer who has a continuing customer relationship with GenHome.
- “Continuing Customer Relationship” means a consumer who obtains a loan through GenHome.
- “Affiliate” means any company that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with another company.
- “Nonaffiliated third party” is a company that is affiliated with GenHome.
- “Agent” means a person carrying out responsibilities or services upon your request, and on your behalf.
- “Nonpublic personal information” means any personally identifiable financial information that you provide to us to obtain a financial product or service. This type of information does not include information that is available from a public source, such as a telephone book or government records.
- “Industry Professionals” means an agent with knowledge in the financial industry, who are most commonly known as brokers when acting on behalf of the consumer.
- “Industry Professional Portal” means a specified website and database owned by GenHome for its employees and unaffiliated industry professionals acting on your behalf to apply for one of GenHome’s products or services.
How GenHome Mortgage Corporation Collects Personal Information
We collect information from you when: (1) you fill out the necessary forms to process a transaction with us; (2) you register on our Consumer Site for an application; (3) you utilize the “Contact” Section of http://www.GenHomeMortgage.com; (4) you or an agent on your behalf provides information using GenHome’s Application Portal; and (5) we use others, such as credit reporting bureaus, affiliates, or other companies to obtain your information.
Types of Information Collected By GenHome Mortgage Corporation
When contacting us on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, mailing address, e-mail address and/or phone number.
Additionally, depending on the products and services being provided by us directly to you or through any agent(s) acting on your behalf, GenHome may request the following information from you or from an affiliated and/or nonaffiliated third-party to help provide that product or service:
- Social Security number and Income
- Employment History
- Credit History and Payment History
- Credit Scores and Assets
Use of Information Obtained by GenHome Mortgage Corporation
GenHome stresses the importance of consumer privacy. However, all financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run effectively. Nothing in this policy prohibits the sharing of information necessary for us to follow the law, as permitted by law, or to give you the best service on your accounts with us. To the extent that GenHome is authorized to have access to your personal information, GenHome may use the information in the following ways and for the following reasons:
- Personalize Your Experience: GenHome may utilize your contact information to reach you regarding questions or concerns pertaining to your experience with GenHome, which may or may not include the use of surveys.
- Everyday Business Purposes (Processing Transactions): We may use the information to process your transactions, maintain your accounts, comply with legal requirements, respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus. Although GenHome would like to limit the sharing of your information when possible, we will have to share such information in the normal course of business, which includes but is not limited to: (a) future investors, (b) reporting agencies, (c) third-party servicing agents, (d) non-affiliated compliance firms, and (e) non-affiliated legal firms.
- Marketing Purposes: Within the limitations of federal and state advertising laws, GenHome may utilize marketing services for its own purposes. Moreover, the email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you important disclosures and other information and updates pertaining to your transaction, in addition to receiving the occasional Company’s news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails pertaining to GenHome’s company news, updates, related product or service information, etc., we include detailed instructions on how to unsubscribe at the bottom of each email.
- For our affiliate’s everyday business purposes: GenHome may provide certain information to its affiliates relating to your transactions and experiences with GenHome, but within the limitations of federal and state laws. As required by Federal Law, you have the right to limit: (a) the sharing of any information to nonaffiliated third-parties for their own purposes to market to you; (b) the sharing of information pertaining to your creditworthiness to affiliates for their own everyday business purposes; or (c) affiliates from using your information to market to you. Additional statements that may pertain to your rights in limiting information disclosed is discussed below under subsections that include that particular state.
Visitors to GenHome Mortgage Corporation’s Website
Visitors to our web site remain anonymous, unless they register for a service or otherwise elect to disclose their identity to us. Although we do not collect personally identifying information about persons who simply visit our site, we do collect certain limited information about visitors, such as their IP addresses (a numeric address assigned automatically to computers when they access the Internet).
GenHome Mortgage Corporation’s Use of “Cookies”
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information submitted to our web sites is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology only to be accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential. Moreover, GenHome is Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliant in processing all credit card payment transactions.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will be kept on file for up to 7 years depending upon state and federal laws that impose a duty on financial institutions, like us, to store particular information for specified periods. GenHome takes measures to protect your private information with respect to current and former employees and affiliates by implementing policies that provide for the management and oversight of protecting personal information. GenHome does not allow former employees to have access to your personal information. Current employees’ access to GenHome’s information system is limited, when possible, to what is necessary to complete their day-to-day responsibilities.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. California consumers may opt-out of any such disclosures at any time by either:
Calling this number: 800-644-1258; or Contacting GenHome via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your name, property address, and GenHome loan number)
However, if GenHome does not hear from you, we may share some of your information with affiliated companies and other companies with whom we have contracts to provide products and services.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
GenHome Mortgage Corporation
Attn: Compliance Department
16815 Von Karman Ave, Suite 200
Irvine, CA 92606